Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Perfect Bike Chain Tatoo. Florida 2009

About 43 people from the Stark County Bike Club descended upon Venice, FL and the Veranda Inn. When I drove to the airport yesterday morning my thermometer said minus 13 degrees!!! though Florida was warmer, it was unseasonably cold here. I wasn't complaining as biking in 60-65 degrees was wonderful! Arrived here and almost immediately went out for a bike ride with nine others. We checked out the new Legacy Trail that goes from Venice to Sarasota. It was GREAT to be on the bike again after a 2 week hiatus because of the snow in Ohio. Today we all started out at 10 AM -- and the weather was perfect for riding. I rode tandem bike with Dave C. I put on my 'extra' Specialized Jett saddle. I have that one on my Trek Madone too, and had just gotten another one to use when I ride tandems. We rode 30 miles yesterday, and 40 today.

We went for lunch at the Gold Rush BBQ place a few door down from the Veranda. They are famous for their barbecued meats. Dave (see the photo) 'pigged' out on the chopped pork platter. They have fabulous homemade chicken noodle soup. I had that for my lunch. Rick and Nan joined us and Rick had to show off his "Perfect" bike chain tattoo. You can tell he does his yoga -- look at that flexibility!

No comments: