Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ride It Like You Stole It

Click on photo to enlarge detail

I was stopped at a traffic light on my way home from the bike ride today. While waiting for the light to turn green, on the truck in front of me I stared at this bumper sticker (the upper one). Though it has the logo of Harely Davidson on it and it was surely referring to his motorcycle -- I couldn't help think to myself that I make this a New Year resolution. YES! That's going to be my mantra in 2009!

"Ride It Like You Stole It"

I'm going to get out there and ride this bicycle like I stole it! I'm going to give it my best on all the rides. This doesn't necessarily translate into a huge jump in mph, but just that I'll be laughing at the wind, and sucking the wheel in front of me.

I'm going to make every ride count for something. Perfer that some thing be a trimmer, stronger body. I'm going to strive to put forth more power on the bike. You betcha, I'll have the back of the pack (where I will still be riding) chasing me!! I'll be at least a sixteenth of a mile up ahead and reaching to ride with the MOP -- Middle 'o Pack -- riders. And this bike is going to steal my heart away.

No comments: